- About Us
- Activities Calendar
- Capability & Capacity Development
- Media & Resources
Established as Singapore Manufacturers' Association by 17 founding members to represent the interests of local manufacturers
Organised first trade mission to China
Signed up 1000th member
Staged the first SMa Intenational Trade Fair
GS1/Global Standards 1 set up to administer EAN/UCC Bar Code System - the first of 5 SMa Centres of Excellence to be established
Renamed as the Singapore Confederation of Industries and expanded its role to be the umbrella body for all industries, including manufacturing
eSupply Chain Management (eSCM) Council set up to improve companies' supply chain capabilities - second Centre of Excellence
Name changed to Singapore Manufacturers' Federation to re-focus on manufacturing and manufacturing-related industries
The third and fourth Centres of Excellence set up, these are the SMa School of Management and Centre for Corporate Learning
Enterprise Development Centre@Sma (EDC@SMa) was established - the fifth Centre of Excellence
SMa's School of Management (SOM) moves to Cosmic Insurance Building located along North Bridge Road which is renamed SMa City Campus
SMa's SOM is appointed as Murdoch University's International Centre and Centre for Corporate Learning (CCL) is appointed by Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) as WSQ Generic Manufacturing Skills Training Provider
• SMa's CCL charts new move into Financial Training Programme with premier UK financial education organisation, ifs School of Finance(ifs).
• SMa's SOM obtained Commendation Award from SAFRA National Service Association
• SMa's SOM is renamed to Institute of Higher Learning (IHL)
• SMa, SEC launch Singapore Environment Achievement Award to help SMEs turn green to stay competitive
• SMa, SEC, TP sign Memoradum of Understanding (MOU) to assist student developers of sustainable technology
• SMa is the second association to obtain Eco Ofiice label given out by SEC.
• SMa is the first association to receive the Total Defence Awards given out by MINDEF.
• SMa gave $50,000 over the three years to Temasek Polytechnic through the SMa's Education & Training Fund.
• The acronym was officially changed to SMF and the organisation is now called the Singapore Manufacturing Federation to embrace the entire supply chain of the manufacturing industry.
• SMF celebrates its 80th Anniversary by officially instituting its current name, having an orchid named after it, organising a golf tournament and publishing a commemorative book.
• SMF collaborates with the Tampines Central Citizens' Consultative Committee and the Northeast Community Development Council to provide about $350,000 in university scholarships to nine needy students over three years to study at the SMF Institute of Higher Learning.
• SME Centre@SMF is the first SME Centre (then known as Enterprise Development Centre) to receive the ISO 9001 : 2008 certification
• Launch of Precision Engineering Master Craftsmen (PeMC) Certification
• Launch of SME Centre@SMF’s very first satellite centre, SME Centre@SouthWest, at South West Community Development Centre Following the establishment, a second satellite centre, SME Centre@NorthWest, was set up at North West Community Development Council
• SMF was appointed the Secretariat for the Singapore Committee of the International Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences Forum (ITASS)
• Started the ‘SMF Cares’ initiative to cultivate the spirit of volunteerism amongst SMF members and staff
• A new Council and President were elected at the Annual General Meeting held on 19 September 2014
• Launched the inaugural SMF Awards, with two award categories: SMF Sustainable Growth Award and Business Model Innovation Award. The latter of which is the first award of its kind in Singapore to honour companies that have successfully transformed their business models
• Successfully organised the inaugural Manufacturing Solutions Expo, a three-day trade show that offered innovative solutions that covered the entire manufacturing value chain
• Celebrated SMF’s 82nd anniversary on 8 October 2014 at Swissotel The Stamford. Minister Tan Chuan-Jin attended as Guest-of-Honour. Other VIPs included Minister Teo Ser Luck and Minister Sam Tan. Over 1,000 guests attended the event and witnessed the formal handover of presidency from Mr. George Huang to Mr. Douglas Foo